Acupuncture for Smoking Cessation
Can Acupuncture Help You Stop Smoking?
A growing base of scientific evidence supports the use of acupuncture as a complementary treatment to help people stop smoking. Alongside lifestyle modification and sometimes medication prescribed by a physician, patients report that acupuncture increases their ability to give up cigarettes. Read more in the articles we’ve gathered below.
Scientific Studies Supporting Acupuncture for Smoking Cessation
- Efficacy of Acupuncture Is Noninferior to Nicotine Replacement Therapy for Tobacco Cessation [CHEST Journal]
- Alternative Smoking Cessation Aids: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials [The American Journal of Medicine]
- Auricular Acupuncture, Education, and Smoking Cessation: A Randomized, Sham-Controlled Trial
- Trial of Intensive Acupuncture for Smoking Cessation: A Pilot Study [Acupuncture in Medicine]
- Smoking cessation with ear acupuncture. Descriptive study on patients after a smoking cessation treatment with ear acupuncture
Health News Coverage
Want to Quit Smoking? Acupuncture Can Help You with Cravings [Cleveland Clinic]