- This event has passed.
ABMA Board Examination
June 27, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
* Board eligibility required!
- Applicants who have submitted an Application for Certification documenting that the applicant has met the education requirement established by the ABMA will receive notice of eligibility to sit for the written Board examination.
- The written examination will be conducted in the Spring each year at the Annual Symposium and at such additional times during the year as may be determined by the ABMA.
- Applicants who have passed the Proficiency Examination offered by the American Academy of Medical Acupuncture prior to May 15, 2000, have met the examination process requirement of the ABMA.
- All applicants desiring to sit for the examination must meet the educational requirements as set forth above. Applications must be received not less than 30 days prior to the date of any examination offering to allow sufficient time for the Board to review and accept the application if the applicant intends to sit for that examination. All Applicants for Certification who have been accepted by the Board will receive notice of each examination offering.
- Applicants, whose acupuncture training was in a program not pre-approved by the ABMA, may be required to submit to an oral interview to determine the adequacy of training. Organizing, scheduling and completing the interview and evaluation following the interview may require more than 75 days and thus such applicants should plan accordingly in scheduling which examination to sit for.
- Applicants desiring to withdraw from an examination must submit a written request to withdraw not later than 30 days before the scheduled examination. A refund of $250, ($500 examination fee less a $250 administrative fee), will be provided for those who have provided the appropriate notice. No refund will be provided for withdrawals less than 30 days prior to the scheduled examination or for candidates who fail to appear for the examination.
- Applicants shall have two years from the time of notification of eligibility to take the examination. Failure to take the examination within the two-year period will result in loss of exam eligibility and forfeiture of all fees paid. Applicants will need to submit an up dated application, with all appropriate fees in effect at that time, to reapply for eligibility to take the examination.
- Individuals who fail an examination may apply for admissibility for re-examination during any subsequent examination period. Fees for re-examination are $500.